I spent yesterday taking all the
merge() stuff out of
Resource.pm and its plugins, and I spent yesterday putting it back
Keeping things synchronized was just a little too awkward, especially
once things stop being single-threaded. I realized that most of the
processing of a temporary model was going to happen within a single
subroutine and didn’t need to persist. One exception is when a resource
is being created, so
Resource.pm gets a
model() statement again,
but unless a memory store is specifically created, it just passes
through to the permanent store.
That took most of my time, so while I have a little bit of the item-ordering logic going in, it definitely doesn’t work yet.